Acumos TSC Meeting Minutes - March 11, 2019

Jacqueline Serafin
 

Acumos TSC Community, 

Please see below text copy of the minutes for the March 11, 2019 Acumos TSC meeting. All agendas, minutes, and zoom recordings can be found on the Acumos TSC Wiki. Please review and reach out with any questions/comments.

The agenda for next week's meeting is posted to the Acumos TSC Wiki. Please email tscgeneral@... with requests to add additional topics to the agenda.

Thank you,
Jacqueline 

Jacqueline Serafin
Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 676-1127 (m)
Regular Hours: 6am-3pm PT

2019 03 11

Zoom Recording

Agenda:

  1. Call for Scribe (minutes owner) 
  2. Roll Call & Quorum Check 
  3. Review and Agree to Minutes of Previous Meetings
  4. Review of Today's Agenda
  5. Status of Open Action Items (Old Business)
    1. Marketing/Growth of Acumos AI Community: Update from Outreach Committee
      1. Strategic Positioning of the Acumos AI Project
      2. Huawei Hosting/Sponsoring ONS Activities - Jessica, Huawei
        1. TSC F2F Meeting 
        2. Potentially ONS Booth or Other Developer Meetup 
    2. TSC Elections - Jessica, Huawei (Election Coordinator) - Processes documented on Community Governance wiki page
  6. Standing Agenda Items (Brief Status of Ongoing Activities)
    1. Release Manager/Release Planning: Weekly TSC Scheduling
      1. Boreas Release 
      2. Clio Release
    2. Report out from PTL: Stand-Up & Report Out on Blockers
    3. Test & Integration Planning - Ken 

    4. Report Out of Sub-Committees
      1. Community (Product) Committee - Ofer
      2. Architecture Committee - Manoop
        1. User Interface and User Experience
      3. Security Committee - Bryan
  7. New Agenda Items (New Business): New Items Submitted (+speaker) & Open Call to TSC For Additional Items 

    1.  Community Development & Testing Lab for Acumos - Nat
    2.  Use Cases for Training Module/Workbench - Nat
    3. Training PTL Replacement - Jack
    4. Docs PTL Replacement - Jack
    5. Upcoming LF DL Umbrella Project Updates - Jacqueline, LF
      1. Acumos Wiki migration under LF DL Wiki - Decision made to leave Acumos Wiki as standalone, links out from LF DL Wiki: https://wiki.deeplearningfoundation.org
      2. Community Meetings & Calendar page shared with new process for meeting management. Need all meetings hosts to review and complete instructions sent via email, view here
  8. Planning for Next Meeting
  9. Open Discussion
  10. Any Other Business (AOB)
  11. Meeting Summary (resolutions, new action items, etc.)

Minutes:

  • TSC Volunteer for Minutes
    • Today's meeting: Jacqueline Serafin
    • TSC Voting Members Attendance
CompanyContact NameAttendanceAlternate ContactAttendance
AmdocsOfer Hermoni
Daniel Sela
AT&TJack MurrayxAnwar Aftab
*BaiduXin Pan


EricssonNimish RadiaxWenting Sun
HuaweiJessica Kim


NokiaPantelis Monogioudisx

Tech MahindraNat SubramanianxSarang Deotale
*TencentXiaolong Zhu


ZTEBingtao Han
Wei Meng


*Excluded from roll call and quorum due to missing 13 consecutive meetings.  

  • The minutes of the prior meeting were reviewed, and there were no comments, questions or corrections. On motion made by Nat and seconded by Pantelisthe minutes of the March 4, 2019 meeting were the approved by the TSC members. 
    • VOTE: Vote taken, item passed.
  • Status of Open Action Items (Old Business)
    • Marketing/Growth of Acumos AI Community: Update from Outreach Committee
      • Strategic Positioning of the Acumos AI Project
        • Not covered.
      • Huawei Hosting/Sponsoring ONS Activities - Jessica, Huawei
        • TSC F2F Meeting 
          • Still planned but Jessica not available for update.
        • Potentially ONS Booth or Other Developer Meetup 
          • ONS booth not being sponsored by LF DL or by Huawei. Reuben Klein mentioned that Ericsson may have an Acumos demo at booth but not on call to confirm; Jessica not available on call for update.
      • TSC Elections - Jessica, Huawei (Election Coordinator) - Processes documented on Community Governance wiki page. 
  • Standing Agenda Items (Brief Status of Ongoing Activities)
    • Release Manager/Release Planning: Weekly TSC Scheduling - Nat
      • Boreas Release - Reviewed current status for Sprint 3; 21 open and 15 in progress, hasn’t build has not released yet. Sprint 4 starting today; training and licensing included. 
      • Clio Release - Drafted timeline, posted to wiki, waiting for PTL’s and Community to comment; will then present to Community team and then to TSC; provided preview. Will overlap 3 weeks in Boreas timeline as agreed. Need to about 2-3 more weeks to vote, perhaps during ONS F2F.
        • ACTION: Jacqueline to add voting for Clio for F2F ONS meeting agenda.
    • Report out from PTL: Stand-Up & Report Out on Blockers
      • No topics covered.
    • Test & Integration Planning - Ken 
      • Licensing is done but can’t test until frontend is ready. Concerned about getting backup so need people to approve stories as soon as possible.
      • Automating testing, have over 50 tests. Team is converting more of the regression. 
    • Report Out of Sub-Committees
      • Community (Product) Committee - Ofer
        • Ofer not in meeting today.
    • Architecture Committee - Manoop
      • Anwar gave update. API and Design, at 90-100%, good progress in training and licensing. Also reviewed license manager API’s. 
      • User Interface and User Experience
    • Security Committee - Bryan
      • No updates for today.
  • New Agenda Items (New Business): New Items Submitted (+speaker) & Open Call to TSC For Additional Items 
    • Community Development & Testing Lab for Acumos - Nat 
      • We only have one development environment with constrained resources. Request to Community to see if anyone else can help with this outside of AT&T and TM. 
        • Will require more discussion when more members are available. May be good agenda for F2F TSC meeting.
          • ACTION: Jacqueline to note as possible agenda for F2F ONS meeting. 
      • Use Cases for Training Module/Workbench - Nat
        • Looking for a real use case in 5G use case or other use case that impacts AT&T business.
          • Jack: Discussion should be using a public model, not a specific AT&T focus based on open source project.
          • ACTION: Jacqueline to remove from agenda.
    • Training PTL Replacement - Jack
      • Need someone to step up before Clio work starts. Need more involvement from other members, not more AT&T.
    • Docs PTL Replacement - Jack
      • Need someone to step up for Boreas release documentation.

    • Upcoming LF DL Umbrella Project Updates - Jacqueline, LF
      • Acumos Wiki migration under upcoming  LF DL Wiki - Decision made to leave Acumos Wiki as standalone, will link out from LF DL Wiki. 
        • No questions.
        • ACTION: Jacqueline will remove from agenda as info shared in TSC meeting and via TSC mail list. 
      • Community Meetings & Calendar page shared with new process for meeting management. Need all meetings hosts to review and complete instructions sent via email, view here
        • No questions. 
        • ACTION: Jacqueline will remove from agenda as info shared in TSC meeting and via TSC mail list. 


Join acumosai-tsc@lists.deeplearningfoundation.org to automatically receive all group messages.