Acumos TSC Meeting Minutes - March 4, 2019

Jacqueline Serafin
 

Acumos TSC Community, 

Please see below text copy of the minutes for the March 4, 2019 Acumos TSC meeting. All agendas, minutes, and zoom recordings can be found on the Acumos TSC Wiki. Please review and reach out with any questions/comments.

The agenda for next week's meeting is posted to the Acumos TSC Wiki. Please email tscgeneral@... with requests to add additional topics to the agenda.

Thank you,
Jacqueline 

Jacqueline Serafin
Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 676-1127 (m)
Regular Hours: 6am-3pm PT

2019 03 04

Zoom Recording

Agenda:

  1. Call for Scribe (minutes owner) 
  2. Roll Call & Quorum Check 
  3. Review and Agree to Minutes of Previous Meetings
  4. Review of Today's Agenda
  5. Status of Open Action Items (Old Business)
    1. Marketing/Growth of Acumos AI Community: Update from Outreach Committee
      1. Strategic Positioning of the Acumos AI Project
      2. Huawei Hosting/Sponsoring ONS Activities - Jessica, Huawei
        1. TSC F2F Meeting 
        2. Potentially ONS Booth or Other Developer Meetup 
    2. TSC Elections - Jessica, Huawei (Election Coordinator) - Process documented on Community Governance wiki page. Need TSC to determine Transition Point next steps for TSC Voting Member Elections. All other leadership role election planning can begin now.
  6. Standing Agenda Items (Brief Status of Ongoing Activities)
    1. Release Manager/Release Planning: Weekly TSC Scheduling
      1. Boreas Release 
      2. Clio Release
    2. Report out from PTL: Stand-Up & Report Out on Blockers
    3. Test & Integration Planning - Ken 
      1. Request for discussion based on: 1) No change and BAU with what we have 2) Create a new branch off master for new features and defect fixes remain in master 3) Create a new branch off master for defect fixes and branch for new features remain in master

    4. Report Out of Sub-Committees
      1. Community (Product) Committee - Ofer
      2. Architecture Committee - Manoop
        1. User Interface and User Experience
      3. Security Committee - Bryan
  7. New Agenda Items (New Business): New Items Submitted (+speaker) & Open Call to TSC For Additional Items 

    1. Training PTL Replacement - Jack
    2. Docs PTL Replacement - Jack
    3. Upcoming LF DL Umbrella Project Updates - Jacqueline, LF
      1. Acumos Wiki migration under upcoming  LF DL Wiki - Decision made to leave Acumos Wiki as standalone, will link out from LF DL Wiki.
      2. Community Meetings & Calendar page shared with new process for meeting management. Need all meetings hosts to review and complete instructions sent via email, view here
  8. Planning for Next Meeting
  9. Open Discussion
  10. Any Other Business (AOB)
  11. Meeting Summary (resolutions, new action items, etc.)

Minutes:

  • TSC Volunteer for Minutes
    • Today's meeting: Jacqueline Serafin
    • TSC Voting Members Attendance
CompanyContact NameAttendanceAlternate ContactAttendance
AmdocsOfer HermonixDaniel Sela
AT&TJack MurrayxAnwar Aftab
*BaiduXin Pan


EricssonNimish Radia


HuaweiJessica Kimx

NokiaPantelis Monogioudisx

Tech MahindraNat SubramanianxSarang Deotale
*TencentXiaolong Zhu


ZTEBingtao Han
Wei Meng


*Excluded from roll call and quorum due to missing 12 consecutive meetings.  

  • The minutes of the prior meeting were reviewed, and there were no comments, questions or corrections. On motion made by Ofer and seconded by Jessicathe minutes of the February 25, 2019 meeting were the approved by the TSC members. 
    • VOTE: Vote taken, item passed.
  • Marketing/Growth 
    • Strategic Positioning of the Acumos AI Project 
      • ONS - Jessica - Huawei interested in hosting/sponsoring
        • TSC F2F Meeting - Huawei offering space on Mon or Tues about a 5 min walk from the conference site. 
          • Anyone attending in person who could not make a Monday afternoon meeting? No issues raised. Philippe will try to join the meeting for the first part of the meeting. 
            • 1pm PST on Tuesday, April 2, proposed by Jack. 
              • ACTION: Jacqueline to update the meeting invite and wiki. 
            • Onsite attendee list, name and company name needed by March 28th.
              • ACTION: Jessica to send email to TSC mail list requesting confirmation of attendance for security list.
        • Developer Meetup or ONS Booth 
          • LF DL is not hosting a booth. Would require a company 
            • Huawei would only contribute the booth space (bronze) if they can showcase the Acumos project. 
            • ACTION: Jessica to discuss this item with the Outreach Committee (OC) on March 6 during OC meeting to make a decision ASAP to properly plan. 
            • AT&T will have about 2-3 people available for booth staff. TM will finalize attendees before OC meeting. Ofer will be there as well.
  • TSC Elections 
    • Jessica, Huawei (Election Coordinator) - Process documented on Community Governance wiki page. Need TSC to determine Transition Point next steps for TSC Voting Member Elections all other leadership role election planning can begin.
      • MOTION: Jack motioned to maintain current process of one representative appointed by each Premier Member of the LF Deep Learning Foundation for another year; timeframe starting again in April. Motion seconded by Ofer. 
      • VOTE: Passed.
        • ACTION: Jacqueline to update the wiki with decision.
    • Jack suggested for Release Management Sub-Committee and TSC Voting Members should adjust Key Project Facts page to note those are roles that are assigned vs elected. 
    • Jack proposed to use the same date for both the upcoming PTL and Sub-Committee elections since they are very close. Suggested using an effective June 3, 2019 date. No objections to proposal. 
      • ACTION: Jessica to note this in planning for election nomination and voting periods. 
    • TSC Chair coming up first for April 9 date, should be ideally elected before the April 2 F2F meeting. 
      • ACTION: Jessica will work on the plan for nominations/voting periods and will share it with the TSC via the mail list.
  • Release Manager/Release Planning
    • Boreas Release - Nat
      • Build will be ready today. 
      • ACTION: PTL’s to update statuses.
    • Clio Release - Nat
      • No issues raised. 
  • Report out from PTL
    • No reports.
  • Test & Integration Planning - Ken
    • Testing Score Card shared. Sprint 1 had 80 test cases. 
      • ACTION: TSC, if there are any test cases not accounted in Ken’s list please reach out to him to update. 
      • ACTION: PTL’s need to approve pending test cases. 
  • Report Out of Sub-Committtees
    • Community - Ofer
      • ACTION: PTL’s should send demo information to Ofer.
    • Architecture - Manoop
      • Almost component designs are done. 
      • User Interface and User Experience 
    • Security - Bryan
      • ACTION: TSC to share input on https://wiki.acumos.org/display/SEC/CII+Badging+Program
. May take 1-2 more releases to get to the badging. Long list of criteria and with low resources it may take more time. 
        • Jack suggested that the Architecture and Security committees should plan to work on this with the Clio release.
      • Can’t release supporting OpenStack, don’t have infrastructure team to do testing, may drop out of this release. 
  • New Agenda Items (skipped this week, will push to next week’s agenda)
    • Training PTL Replacement - Jack
      • Mukesh standing in right now. No volunteers yet for a permanent replacement. 
    • Docs PTL Replacement - Jack
      • No volunteers yet for permanent replacement. 
    • Upcoming LF DL Umbrella Project Updates - Jacqueline, LF
      • Acumos Wiki migration under upcoming  LF DL Wiki - Decision made to leave Acumos Wiki as standalone, will link out from LF DL Wiki.
      • Community Meetings & Calendar page shared with new process for meeting management. Need all meetings hosts to review and complete instructions sent via email, view here

Join acumosai-tsc@lists.deeplearningfoundation.org to automatically receive all group messages.